I am self-employed; how to apply for home construction financing?


Self-employed people have access to home construction financing through Low and No Doc loans. Many people have difficulties verifying their business cash flow and are often going to do better with stated income or NINA loans. Do not overstate, however, your income, as the lender will check your assets to see if they correspond to the stated amount, unless, of course, you are doing a NINA loan which may be the most expensive type of home construction loan.

Also, if you are self-employed but do not have a two-year track of working for yourself, you will not be able to get home construction financing with a stated income loan. No Income No Asset No Job will be the right loan for you, or perhaps you could find someone to co-sign with you. The unpleasant thing is that person cosigning with you must stay on the premises. If they are not your spouse or partner, you are not going to be allowed to co-sign with them.

Mortgage rates hit their lowest since 1955. Ask the home loan experts we recommend Quicken Loans how to take advantage of them.
Was this Mortgage QnA helpful?
Not at all
  • Currently 3/5 Stars
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Add to this Answer

Mortgage QnA is not a common forum. We have special rules:

  • Post no questions here. To ask a question, click the Ask a Question link
  • We will not publish answers that include any form of advertising
  • Add your answer only if it will contrubute to the quality of this Mortgage QnA and help future readers
If you have trouble reading the code, click on the code itself to generate a new random code. Verification Code Above:
Bookmark and share this QnA: