Do I need a license for title insurance if I am a practicing real estate attorney?


Yes, in most states you do. Even if you are a closing attorney for a title company, you are very likely to need a separate license for title insurance. You may also need to pass a title pre-licensing course before you get a title insurance license.

In some states, the pre-licensing course requirement will be waived if you have relevant title experience. Also, licensing period will vary among states. Some states will issue a license for title insurance producer for 2 years; in others the license for selling title insurance will hold 4 years with specific continuing education requirements.

What does a license for title insurance include?

In most states a title license enables the individual to not only sell title insurance, but also do title examination, underwriting, sales and title closings.

Licensed notaries have to obtain a separate title license if they want to do title closings for a title agency.

Mortgage rates hit their lowest since 1955. Ask the home loan experts we recommend Quicken Loans how to take advantage of them.
Was this Mortgage QnA helpful?
Not at all
  • Currently 2.9/5 Stars
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Add to this Answer

Mortgage QnA is not a common forum. We have special rules:

  • Post no questions here. To ask a question, click the Ask a Question link
  • We will not publish answers that include any form of advertising
  • Add your answer only if it will contrubute to the quality of this Mortgage QnA and help future readers
If you have trouble reading the code, click on the code itself to generate a new random code. Verification Code Above:
Bookmark and share this QnA: