What is needed to know on how to become a correspondent lender?


If you already are involved in the mortgage industry, perhaps you should find yourself a sponsor and become a correspondent lender. If you are not an FHA/HUD approved lender, your sponsor may help you get approval.

Net worth required is $63,000 with additional $25,000 for each branch office but cannot exceed $250,000 net worth maximum. As part of the application process you will have to submit an annual audit report, prepared according to HUD standards, within 90 days of the end of fiscal year. A minimum of $ 1 million line of credit or funding program (as with sponsor) is required.

Other required items needed to become a correspondent lender will be the non-refundable $1,000 application fee, presentable photos of facilities covering HUD requirements including a business sign on entrance, corporate credit report, and evidence that you or another senior member has at least three years of expertise in the field applied for and none of you has been denied license.

Mortgage rates hit their lowest since 1955. Ask the home loan experts we recommend Quicken Loans how to take advantage of them.
Was this Mortgage QnA helpful?
Not at all
  • Currently 3/5 Stars
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Add to this Answer

Mortgage QnA is not a common forum. We have special rules:

  • Post no questions here. To ask a question, click the Ask a Question link
  • We will not publish answers that include any form of advertising
  • Add your answer only if it will contrubute to the quality of this Mortgage QnA and help future readers
If you have trouble reading the code, click on the code itself to generate a new random code. Verification Code Above:
Bookmark and share this QnA: