Do I need to deal with a VA mortgage broker to get a VA loan?


Yes. Getting a VA loan doesn't go through the Department of Veterans Affairs. Rather, you should contact a VA mortgage broker or lender, specializing or simply offering VA loans. VA does not fund money. Rather, there are mortgage companies that offer VA insured home loans.

A VA mortgage broker can shop the best VA loans for you.

It is a great chance to be dealing with VA mortgage brokers - if they can't get you the right loan, they could shop other VA loans offered by other lenders.

What can I use a VA loan for?

You could use a VA loan to buy a house, a condo, or a townhouse. You could also use a VA loan to refinance an existing mortgage or for home improvements.

Mortgage rates hit their lowest since 1955. Ask the home loan experts we recommend Quicken Loans how to take advantage of them.
Was this Mortgage QnA helpful?
Not at all
  • Currently 2.9/5 Stars
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Add to this Answer

Mortgage QnA is not a common forum. We have special rules:

  • Post no questions here. To ask a question, click the Ask a Question link
  • We will not publish answers that include any form of advertising
  • Add your answer only if it will contrubute to the quality of this Mortgage QnA and help future readers
If you have trouble reading the code, click on the code itself to generate a new random code. Verification Code Above:
Bookmark and share this QnA: