How to find VA mortgage lenders?


If you are an eligible veteran or active duty officer, you might be looking for VA mortgage lenders to do a VA loan for you. How do you find one?

Basically, every state has a directory listing of all Mortgage Brokers and Lenders, including those specializing in VA home loans.

Also, all supervised lenders (federal, national, state and private banks; credit unions and insurance companies) supposedly have the right to process VA guaranteed loans.

There are also unsupervised lenders who might have been granted authority by VA to close VA home loans. So, chances are your bank does VA loans and may be the best place to try first when looking for a VA loan.

Also, the web is a great place to find everything one is looking for. For example, a comprehensive lenders directory site is very likely to list VA home loan lenders, or the closest VA loan center in your area.

Mortgage rates hit their lowest since 1955. Ask the home loan experts we recommend Quicken Loans how to take advantage of them.
Was this Mortgage QnA helpful?
Not at all
  • Currently 3/5 Stars
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Add to this Answer

Mortgage QnA is not a common forum. We have special rules:

  • Post no questions here. To ask a question, click the Ask a Question link
  • We will not publish answers that include any form of advertising
  • Add your answer only if it will contrubute to the quality of this Mortgage QnA and help future readers
If you have trouble reading the code, click on the code itself to generate a new random code. Verification Code Above:
Bookmark and share this QnA: